Friday, November 7, 2014

Making less decisions for yourself and more to help others

Namaste, Hari Om,

You are probably wondering why is there a picture of Mark Zuckerberg on my blog.

Although I do not agree with everything that Facebook represents I do agree with many of Mark's statements. Primarily his outlook on why he wears the same color shirt everyday.

It is surely wise words, think less of yourself and more for others. Why waste our energy on things we can streamline, rather than looking at a closet full of clothes, you can easily grab something and spend your mental energy on improving society or helping someone. This surely is a metaphor for life. 

Use this example in our daily lives, there are those who can feel a great impact from our minor help, a small donation or even a small compliment. Do not spend your time worrying about the small things, help others.

Excerpt from the CNN Money article below;

Why do you wear the same grey t-shirt every day?

"I really want to clear my life so that I have to make as few decisions as possible about anything except how to best serve this community," Zuckerberg said, referring to the Facebook user base.

"I'm in this really lucky position where I get to wake up every day and help serve more than a billion people, and I feel like I'm not doing my job if I spend any of my energy on things that are silly or frivolous about my life, so that way I can dedicate all of my energy towards just building the best products and services."

Source: http://money.cnn.com/2014/11/06/technology/social/facebook-zuckerberg/index.html?hpt=hp_t3



No comments:

Post a Comment